Who are we?
Planet Cheltenham is an initiative to help prepare people for the changes that will be needed if we are to successfully build a sustainable and resilient society living in a warmer world. As can be seen in the next video:
Our aim is to convert an old single story workshop into a two story Eco-Hub that will act as a base for our Youth Climate Group and other environmental activities, as well as to act as an exemplar project on how to create a sustainable building.
Our programme will involve:
- Talking to and providing information to social groups, families and individuals
- Networking and collaborating with other environmental and justice organisations
- Organising and helping others to organise environmental events/projects such as:
- Clothes Swaps
- A Climate Youth Group for 16-24 year olds
- Mini-Planet Cheltenham group for mothers and toddlers
- A Community Fridge Network
- Provision of drinking water fountains.
In doing so, we hope to:
- Build a future in which we all live more sustainably
- Create a vibrant sharing and circular economy with more equitable communities
- Develop practical local environmental project
- Create local changes