At Vision 21 we value our volunteers highly as without them our services would be limited. In return we offer a sound volunteering program which understands that volunteering is a two way process, allowing and encouraging our volunteers to develop and learn new skills.
We offer a wide range of volunteering opportunities:
- Reclaim Van Crew
- Bike Technician
- Regeneration Repairers (Electrical, Electronic’s, Bikes and Textiles)
- Allotment work at Priors Park Community Edible Garden (Tewkesbury Residents)
- Gardening and Composting
- Leaflet Distribution
- Event Management
- Research and Planning
- Student Placements
To find out what volunteer opportunities are available please contact Claire office @ vision21 . org . uk, 01242 224321
- Knowing you will be helping to save the planet
- Gain experience
- Learn new skills
- Gain a sense of personal achievement
- The enjoyment of working as part of a team
- Knowing you are giving something to your community
The main benefit of volunteering is that it is flexible to fit around your life, whether it is family or work commitments. You can volunteer at almost any time – weekdays, weekday evenings or weekends. We will match your skills and your time with the roles we have available.
Our commitment to you
- We will make you feel part of the organisation by inviting you to meetings and events
- Specific training to enable you to perform your role competently and with confidence
- To be supported fully at all times
- You will have the opportunity to influence our work
- To be paid out of pocket expenses
- To have the opportunity to develop and gain new skills
We are very lucky that we are well supported by volunteers – but we can never have enough!
Hear for yourself what our volunteers have to say:
“I have enjoyed the allotment experience and look forward to this year. Gentle encouragement from Erin has meant that we have grown a variety of plants. To top it all it is a nice opportunity for a social get together and some nice friends have been made”.